Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Hail the Jug of Milk!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Desolate
Nine Hells CO

Nine Hells CO
Desolate

Spam Credit : 104294

All Hail the Jug of Milk! Empty
PostSubject: All Hail the Jug of Milk!   All Hail the Jug of Milk! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Thought I'd share this with you guys... i have to say.. the stereotypical and typical flame responses are very amusing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI&NR=1
Back to top Go down
Verfallen
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Verfallen

Spam Credit : 108398

PostSubject: Re: All Hail the Jug of Milk!   All Hail the Jug of Milk! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:38 am

rofl lolz

he points out the illogical of religion. Thing is its not new. Everyone know religion never has been about logic.

Mainly it was first use to rally people, give them a belief something greater than them existed. Explaining things that were unexplainable then (most which science explained till then). Rather than thinking "its because we dont have the knowledge to understand this" they tought "there is no logical explanation, its something greater"

It never was about proof of existence, but more about proof of no-existence. We try to prove something cannot be explained to prove the existence of something that cannot be seen.

Mostly, i think people sometimes just need to believe in something. Without any proof. Its what they call Faith. Faith is by definition just believing in because you think so.

Others fear that if they fuck up and he does exist, they dont want to take the chance to burn in hell (those make me laugh)

I dont believe in God myself, but i dont try to force my point of view to people who do tough. I fail to see the point of the video. But oh well, liberty of speech includes the liberty of spreading your opinions.

(2:30 am rant ftw)
Back to top Go down
Desolate
Nine Hells CO

Nine Hells CO
Desolate

Spam Credit : 104294

PostSubject: Re: All Hail the Jug of Milk!   All Hail the Jug of Milk! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:42 am

I used to belong to a United Methodist Church.

I was in the youth choir, and we'd travel the united states and Canada, singing at various churches every summer and then donating the offerings we received to some sort of charity foundation at our final point before going home.

When my mother passed away the Church sent out some Reverend that I never even knew, who thought he could consul me through my grieving. They didn't even send the youth pastor that I had spent years of being apart of the church with, and they "advice" that this random reverend gave me was downright awful.

Later on, they built a $1.3 million TV production studio, and then shortly later sent out packets in the mail with a chart; stating that, based on your income, this is how much you MUST give to the church.

Then, they put electronic locks on every single door in the church, including the chapel and the sanctuary.

At that point I realized they were what I consider a "Mega" church, and I decided to move on, try out other churches. None really appealed to me. So, I became Agnostic; not following any "man made" religions but rather, observing them, and coming to my own conclusions, yet still believing in some sort of "Higher Being" out there.

This video points out the obvious, but I think the author doesn't really understand the main purpose of a religion in today's society. Everyone needs something to believe in.

In Greek mythology it speaks of Pandora's Box, being opened, and all they was left in the box was Hope. Hope being the one human nature that everyone needs.

It isn't really that, as the author says, praying increases your chance of something coming true, it's the fact that human nature needs something to believe in order to continue to strive through the harsh realities of life. They need something that gives them a reason to continue struggling.
Back to top Go down
Verfallen
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Verfallen

Spam Credit : 108398

PostSubject: Re: All Hail the Jug of Milk!   All Hail the Jug of Milk! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:39 pm

the other is insensitive lol. As I said, it may be conforting to know somethin lies above you, after death, that there is something watching out for you.

oftent he illusion of safety is a lot more important than real safety for some people.

Ex. Heard of Montreal Dawson College Shootout? 1 woman lost her life in it.

After the shooting, the governement talked about how to prevent it! Lets securize people with some measure! Metal detector at the entrance, and its important to keep up the national firearm registery!

Fact tough: The shooter started shooting at people outside. Metal detector only detect what tries to be hidden. Most just rush in gun blazing.

The weapon used was registered.

Its the same as "fencing" your backyard. Someone that wants in will just climb over it. The real safety relies on the policeman that might go around the neighbourhood every hour or so, that you wont even notice.

People wants that impression, that they are safe, and politician are always quick to capitalize on it to get fast "points" with the population, with no care of the real needs.

And I guess, the rest of the people arent much different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Hail the Jug of Milk!   All Hail the Jug of Milk! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Hail the Jug of Milk!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Zone :: Chill Zone-
Jump to: